Sunday, September 17, 2017

New Beginnings

It has been a loooong time since I have posted! There have been quite a few changes recently to free up some of my time, which I am so thankful for. For the past 7 years I have taught elementary followed by high school. During those years I have worked at my husbands family restaurant at the same time during the evenings. I also cleaned several houses and went to school to receive my Masters and this year my Doctorate. If that wasn't enough I also have been selling a clothing line for almost 2 years. To say I had a full plate is an understatement.
I began thinking about my life before I started teaching. This entailed spending time with my husband, going on vacations, stitching more, crafting, and spending more time with people that I never see. So this past April I gave up cleaning houses and I did not sign my letter of intent to continue teaching. There went two things from my long list.
Now I do not have a day job, I work evenings with my husband, and during the day I work on my final project for my degree and of course cross stitch. Even though I still sell clothes I have slowed down and I mostly do it when I have a bit of free time. Do I miss teaching? Yes but that was an important chapter in my life and now it is on to the next chapter which will eventually be teaching college after my degree is complete.
For now I am enjoying my free time and cross stitching a ton! Today I am sharing with you Starstruck by Needle Delights Originals.
 

This is a needlepoint pattern that I began earlier this year and just picked it back up. Today I completed the three left bottom squares. I love working on this project but the frame is very large and hurts my hand to hold for long periods of time. I should probably purchase a stand of sorts so I do not have to hold it. Does anyone use a free stand? Do you use the one that is floor length or lap size?

Tata for now,
Candi

4 comments:

Stasi said...

Candi---good to see your post. Love your needlepoint project!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a gorgeous needlepoint project you are working on. It was good to see your post. Wishing you the best as you finish your schooling!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I recently purchased a Lowry floor stand from SewandSo in the UK. They were by far cheaper than the same product in the US even with shipping. Set up a profile and you'll get an additional 10% off with the first order.

Beautiful project you're working on!

ricketyjo said...

Hi Candi! I'm sure that a break from running around so much has been really nice - I am trying to make more time to stitch consistently, but it's not easy with the dark evenings, I don't always feel like it.
Your needlework is absolutely beautiful, I really love all the things you've been working on.
I have a floor stand for the reasons you are struggling with - holding your frame, doing this for long periods would always hurt my hands. It's also much easier and faster being able to stitch two handed - doesn't take as long to learn as it sounds! I started with a Posilock from sewandso in the UK and then moved on to a more expensive one from Needle Needs when I was doing more of the big projects. It's lovely to have :)
Enjoy the rest of your week!