Monday, October 16, 2017

Busy Busy

Last week was a whirl wind! I barely had time to stop and take a breath. I decided to help out at my previous school for the book fair for three days. The first day I was like awe they are all so cute I think I miss teaching little children. By the second day I asked myself.... what were you thinking? I would rather be at home stitching! So I am glad I helped out but I am also glad I am taking the year off.
I did get a little bit of stitching done last week. I continued to work on my needlepoint by Needle Delights I love working on this piece the colors are absolutely stunning.
This past weekend was a great way to end the week. It was the annual stitching Jamboree at Salty Yarns in Ocean City. During the Jamboree you attend three classes. This year the first class I attended was Sue Hillis from Sue Hillis Designs. This was a pre stitch, I posted in a previous post and look at what we did. We turned it into a beautiful easel. We were able to pick our own fabric colors and additions to the piece such as lace.

The next class was by Gloria Moore from Milady's Needle. I do not have a picture of this one yet. I am almost done with the piece and I intend to finish putting it together tomorrow. Pictures to come in future posts.
The next class was very unique it was traditional English goldwork by Deborah Merrick-Wilson. When this piece is done it is going to be stunning. I have never been a person with much patience that is mostly why I love to stitch and have a hard time putting it together because it takes a lot more patience. Well... goldwork it requires more patience than putting together! But look at how amazing it looks!
I am off to work on my last class piece to share!
Tata for now!
Candi

5 comments:

Stasi said...

Great sharing a table at Jamboree---your work is wonderful!

RJ said...

Hello Candi! Thank you so much for stopping by and seeing us tonight. We are thrilled to have you as a stitching friend. Your blog looks wonderful. I can't watch to look at all of your stitches. Absolutely love the flat fold..it is gorgeous! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Brigitte said...

The easel you made with Sue Hillis' alphabet looks absolutely great. I love the colours, the embellishments you chose and the finishing. Great piece.

Sally Rutka said...

It was good seeing you last week at Stitch and Bitch... Glad to see you are stitching busy again. Your finishes are fabulous.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've never even remotely thought I could do goldwork but there is something about your post and picture that makes me think I need to seek out a class! Thank you for the inspiration!