Monday, September 18, 2017

Bedroom Prisoner

Today makes day 13 that I had to stay in the bedroom all day until work. Let me explain the reason why I now am a prisoner during the day. 13 days ago we came home to our air conditioner that decided to go to AC heaven. We have known for about 2 years that our AC was on its last leg. I have been getting quotes all summer so we could have a new one in the fall. Well after it went Kaput I called the company with the best deal and today was day 1 of installation, well more like deconstruction. The took out all the old duct work out and brought new to install tomorrow. The first few days of no AC was actually not bad, it was cool and not humid. Well these last 7 days have been terrible! It is so humid that everything in the house is sticky! But things are looking up today, Jose is driving by and dropping off cool winds, so tomorrow I should be able to enjoy the rest of my house.
Being stuck in one area hasn't been all terrible, I get quite a bit of stitching done during the day. Today I worked on Virgin Queen's Stitching Wallet by Willing Hands. I started this pattern as a class. The pre-stitch was a needle book that fits inside the wallet.

Then today I worked on an outside panel of the wallet. The bargello panel also has another bargello pattern on the opposite side. When put together these panels fold inside the wallet. This piece is super fun to work on, and moves relatively quick.
Here is what it will look like when it is done.

Tonight I may work on Quaker Diamonds by Rosewood Manor, I am over half way done. I am trying to find the motivation to finish it!

Until next time,
Candi




1 comment:

Stasi said...

Beautiful work Candi!